greetings, fellow internet!

welcome to digitalgangster.com, the coolest community for people who hack the gibson and make bajillions of dollars off of online marketing. this version of the forum is in view only mode for archival purposes. the new forum can be found here.

ASGPHE,
ytcracker, original digital gangster
follow me on twitter
fan me on facebook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 79

Thread: We finaly won the war in Iraq

  1. #1
    original digital gangster Mix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7,011

  2. #2
    Nore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    26,596

    Default

    should have just drilled alaska instead of killing thousands of innocent people
    high

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Detroit.
    Posts
    17,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nore View Post
    should have just drilled alaska instead of killing thousands of innocent people
    u aint lyin


  4. #4
    dick riding faggot troll
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    658

    Default

    And the stupid liberal rhetoric continues.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PooPoo Mcgee View Post
    And the stupid liberal rhetoric continues.
    because iraq is a shining example of democracy now that we've gotten rid saddam hussein and his WMDs.

  6. #6
    i fuck in the name of dg mhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    25,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PooPoo Mcgee View Post
    And the stupid liberal rhetoric continues.
    exactly.

    According to that article, those companies were there already and had their fields taken away from them by Saddam's government.

    We'd still be creating jobs over there for people to do the work.
    a.k.a Hous Bin Pharteen

  7. #7
    PiMpY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Still in the hood...
    Posts
    25,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by internots View Post
    because iraq is a shining example of democracy now that we've gotten rid saddam hussein and his WMDs.
    because democracies are built in a day

  8. #8

    Default

    the u.s. isn't even a democray.

  9. #9
    PiMpY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Still in the hood...
    Posts
    25,294

    Default

    representative democracy

    true democracy = tyranny of the masses

  10. #10
    . ryph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PiMpY View Post
    because democracies are built in a day
    because that was always the goal..
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

  11. #11
    PiMpY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Still in the hood...
    Posts
    25,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post
    because that was always the goal..
    it sure as shit is one (of many), for a variety of reasons -many of which of course aren't altruistic

  12. #12
    . ryph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PiMpY View Post
    it sure as shit is one
    oh how naive
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

  13. #13
    PiMpY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Still in the hood...
    Posts
    25,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post
    oh how naive
    hardly

    read the rest of my post guy

  14. #14
    PiMpY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Still in the hood...
    Posts
    25,294

    Default

    here ill do it for you

    "...for a variety of reasons -many of which of course aren't altruistic"

  15. #15
    . ryph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    i did. we had to sell the war somehow. if you havent looked around recently, this is a resource war. nothing more, nothing less. anything else like 'wmds' or 'bring democracy to arabs we never cared about before' is noise to keep the sheeple busy.
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

  16. #16
    PiMpY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Still in the hood...
    Posts
    25,294

    Default

    overarchingly its a resource war in that no one would give two fucks about the middle east if they didnt have any

    to say thats all its about is naive. to say that a democratic iraq isn't in our national interest is also naive. bringing democracy to the downtrodden is a good way to sell the war but that hardly means its without its benefits.

    and to argue that nonproliferation is smoke and mirrors is laughable. im sure you can appreciate that there's tangible danger in extremists, rogue regimes, and failed states possessing WMD.

    the war occurred for a variety of reasons

  17. #17
    . ryph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PiMpY View Post
    overarchingly its a resource war in that no one would give two fucks about the middle east if they didnt have any
    agreed

    to say thats all its about is naive. to say that a democratic iraq isn't in our national interest is also naive. bringing democracy to the downtrodden is a good way to sell the war but that hardly means its without its benefits.
    sure there benefits, benefits in that the article that was originally posted can be written. "Deals With Iraq Are Set to Bring Oil Giants Back"

    and to argue that nonproliferation is smoke and mirrors is laughable. im sure you can appreciate that there's tangible danger in extremists, rogue regimes, and failed states possessing WMD.

    the war occurred for a variety of reasons
    i can argue it is smoke and mirrors. if it really is such a huge problem, how about we do something about north korea (oh yea remember those crazy fools?) and pakistan's gov is about to be overthrown by local tribes sympathetic to the taliban. but conveniently you dont hear about that on the cnn tho..

    its a resource war. nothing more nothing less. anything else you hear is spin and noise to deflect attention and skew perception.
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

  18. #18
    dick riding faggot troll
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post
    i did. we had to sell the war somehow. if you havent looked around recently, this is a resource war. nothing more, nothing less. anything else like 'wmds' or 'bring democracy to arabs we never cared about before' is noise to keep the sheeple busy.
    I disagree ryph. It is a resource war but the fact that we want to bring democracy into Iraq is one aspect of the war, even if it's not the main one. Hell, we tried it with Vietnam, Chile, Nicaragua, and Guatemala.

  19. #19
    PiMpY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Still in the hood...
    Posts
    25,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post


    sure there benefits, benefits in that the article that was originally posted can be written.
    or that democracies tend to create fewer extremists and democracy is easier to export than forced regime change (re: iraq's neighbors)

    how about we do something about north korea (oh yea remember those crazy fools?)
    can't now that they're nuclear and arguably couldn't before. look up their artillery capability centered around seoul. i cant recall exact specifics off the top of my head but they can have something like 300,000 shells and rockets landing on seoul inside of two minutes.

    nd pakistan's gov is about to be overthrown by local tribes sympathetic to taliban. but conveniently you dont hear about that on the cnn tho..
    the situation in pakistan is terrifying. its a tough balancing act there. they sure as shit aren't doing everything they can to help us fight taliban and AQ but you also have to appreciate that if they do their government is probably toast and those nukes will wind up in god knows whos hands. i recall reading an article on the US trying to broker a deal where we'd provide security for their nuclear facilities (they of course declined as any sovereign nation would) and another that said a contingency plan had been drawn up involving something like 30k troops parachuted in pakistan to secure their nukes if shit hits the fan (pakistan declined to provide exact locations).

  20. #20
    . ryph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PooPoo Mcgee View Post
    I disagree ryph. It is a resource war but the fact that we want to bring democracy into Iraq is one aspect of the war, even if it's not the main one. Hell, we tried it with Vietnam, Chile, Nicaragua, and Guatemala.
    we want to bring democracy because it sells the war to J6P.
    "hey were #1, doesnt iraq deserve to be #1?! fuck yea america #1. attack!"
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

  21. #21
    dick riding faggot troll
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post
    we want to bring democracy because it sells the war to J6P.
    "hey were #1, doesnt iraq deserve to be #1?! fuck yea america #1. attack!"
    Or the fact that democracy seems to be less chaotic in nature than all of the other forms of government, and we as the most powerful country on the planet don't like anarchy or extremism.

  22. #22
    . ryph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PooPoo Mcgee View Post
    Or the fact that democracy seems to be less chaotic in nature than all of the other forms of government, and we as the most powerful country on the planet don't like anarchy or extremism.
    well if you want to throw sociopolitical opinions wildly, ill argue democracy is one of the most chaotic forms of gov when looked at longer than 100year timespan. democracies have always without fail throughout history progressed into a fascist/dictatorship type of gov.
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

  23. #23
    dick riding faggot troll
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post
    well except that all democracies have always without fail throughout history progressed into a fascist/dictatorship. ill argue democracy is one of the most chaotic forms of gov when looked at longer than 100year timespan.
    I disagree the belief that democracies automatically turn into dictatorships/fascist governments. And the idea of democracy in the Muslim countries is a hell of a better idea then the bullshit they have going on before we intervened. However, you guys seem to miss the fact that it is paramount for America to maintain a military base in the middle east to protect Israel.

  24. #24
    i fuck in the name of dg mhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    25,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post
    we want to bring democracy because it sells the war to J6P.
    "hey were #1, doesnt iraq deserve to be #1?! fuck yea america #1. attack!"
    we also want democracy there for our own interests. That's the only reason we're still supporting Israel. The biggest thing our government wants is strongholds in the middle east to secure our interests.
    a.k.a Hous Bin Pharteen

  25. #25

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in and out of the philadelph
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PooPoo Mcgee View Post
    I disagree the belief that democracies automatically turn into dictatorships/fascist governments. And the idea of democracy in the Muslim countries is a hell of a better idea then the bullshit they have going on before we intervened. However, you guys seem to miss the fact that it is paramount for America to maintain a military base in the middle east to protect Israel.
    Why do we give a fuck about Israel?

    I seem to keep missing this

  26. #26
    dick riding faggot troll
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalHeadsUnite View Post
    we also want democracy there for our own interests. That's the only reason we're still supporting Israel. The biggest thing our government wants is strongholds in the middle east to secure our interests.
    Except the past 4 presidents have had close connection with Israel. America is Israel's biggest supporters so to assume that we're there for our own interests is very simple minded. Besides supporting Israel, we are there to suppress the threat of radical Islam.

  27. #27
    . ryph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PooPoo Mcgee View Post
    I disagree the belief that democracies automatically turn into dictatorships/fascist governments.
    its not a belief you can agree or disagree with. its historical fact.

    And the idea of democracy in the Muslim countries is a hell of a better idea then the bullshit they have going on before we intervened. However, you guys seem to miss the fact that it is paramount for America to maintain a military base in the middle east to protect Israel.
    yea, because it helps in our #1 imperative in the region, secure the areas resources. all leading back to this being a resource war.
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

  28. #28
    i fuck in the name of dg mhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    25,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wild View Post
    Why do we give a fuck about Israel?

    I seem to keep missing this
    they're a democracy and a very pro-american state, and without us they wouldn't survive. It's like a mini United States in the middle east.

    For the last hundred years the United States has done everything it can to extend democracy to other countries to further it's own interests. I remember there was some official movement for it, but don't remember the name.
    a.k.a Hous Bin Pharteen

  29. #29

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in and out of the philadelph
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalHeadsUnite View Post
    we also want democracy there for our own interests. That's the only reason we're still supporting Israel. The biggest thing our government wants is strongholds in the middle east to secure our interests.
    If that's the case then it would make sense why.

    But aside from strategic implications (if that's the case), there should be no reason why we're still sending $$ to Israel.

  30. #30
    dick riding faggot troll
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post
    its not a belief you can agree or disagree with. its historical fact.
    Not exactly. The trend is usually shitty government-democracy-dictatorship-back to democracy or a variation of those.



    yea, because it helps in our #1 imperative in the region, secure the areas resources. all leading back to this being a resource war.
    You are implying that we are in the middle east only for our own goals, but this is far from the truth. The war has many aspects to it, not one simple minded "Oh we just want resources" answer.

  31. #31
    . ryph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wild View Post
    If that's the case then it would make sense why.

    But aside from strategic implications (if that's the case), there should be no reason why we're still sending $$ to Israel.
    well if you agree in that were empire building, theres all the reason to.
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

  32. #32
    . ryph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PooPoo Mcgee View Post
    Not exactly. The trend is usually shitty government-democracy-dictatorship-back to democracy or a variation of those.
    yes agree. the trend is circular in motion. im trying to google a chart i had of the circular progression of governments but am comming up blank.

    You are implying that we are in the middle east only for our own goals, but this is far from the truth. The war has many aspects to it, not one simple minded "Oh we just want resources" answer.
    honestly, if you dig through all the bullshit, it really is the only reason.
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

  33. #33
    dick riding faggot troll
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    658

    Default

    I've heard the "America is just trying to own everything" argument and I don't buy it. Obviously survival for anybody is the #1 priority, but a war never has only 1 priority. Our "resource war" on Iraq in the middle east is also a war on radical Islam, and anarchy.

  34. #34
    . ryph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    because they stand in the way of our theft of their resources.. so we criminalize them. flip the scenario. imagine we were a nice budding democracy sitting on tons of oil that is RAPIDLY depleting. the chinese commies are in our position, what will be the #1 thing to do? try and steal our shit under a veil of random shit like spreading communism to the backwards democracy because its better.

    also, dont you think if the chinks were on our soil jacking the supposed oil, you and me wouldnt be out there right now setting up IED's on the side of main st? i sure as fuck would. OOPs, im a terrorist i guess.
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

  35. #35

    Default

    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
    OB-GYN Kenobi

  36. #36

    Default

    Altruism is weak. The US didn't become the most powerful country in the world by giving out handouts. The idea that we are looking to improve the lives of the Iraqis is not mutually exclusive to the idea of going into Iraq for their oil, but you have to look at this like it were a business. Does it make sense to spend trillions of dollars in resources without a tangible benefit?

    To think that the rest of the Middle East will fall in love with democracy once they see the Iraqis voting is a nice idea, but terribly naive.

  37. #37

    Default

    pimpy, c'mon aren't you an political science major?

  38. #38
    . ryph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PooPoo Mcgee View Post
    I disagree the belief that democracies automatically turn into dictatorships/fascist governments.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years."
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

  39. #39
    turk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    9,824

    Default

    wait, we're in a war?
    Paranoia is just Reality at a higher resolution.

  40. #40
    dick riding faggot troll
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years."
    Eh I suppose if we are talking about it lasting indefinitely then you are correct, but no form of government lasts forever. It's a circular motion as we've discussed.

  41. #41
    . ryph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PooPoo Mcgee View Post
    Eh I suppose if we are talking about it lasting indefinitely then you are correct, but no form of government lasts forever. It's a circular motion as we've discussed.
    yea i know i was beating a dead horse here, but getting overlaps in convos with the jo0 capitalism thread so i decided to throw it in lol
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

  42. #42

    Default

    its a resource war indeed, but thats not all. Having a terrorist organization owning and operating a huge money source like that would financially support there ways....good post/link!
    fresh DG

  43. #43
    beast nasty
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wild View Post
    If that's the case then it would make sense why.

    But aside from strategic implications (if that's the case), there should be no reason why we're still sending $$ to Israel.
    americans have a lot of interest in protecting isreal because, after all, american jews were part of the founding fathers of zionism and the settlement and creation of israel after world war i. it's not only our interest in israel for strategic purposes but also because we are responsible for their welfare

  44. #44

    Default

    Free to do as we tell you! Freedom is great

  45. #45
    i fuck in the name of dg mhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    25,341

    Default

    As stupid as you all think George W. Bush is, he does everything for a reason. Whether that reason is morally acceptable is up to your own personal interpretation.
    a.k.a Hous Bin Pharteen

  46. #46

    Default

    Meh he does as he pleases thats why he is president!

  47. #47
    PiMpY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Still in the hood...
    Posts
    25,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longdongsilver View Post
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
    ever read the speech michael moore?

  48. #48
    PiMpY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Still in the hood...
    Posts
    25,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by internots View Post
    Altruism is weak. The US didn't become the most powerful country in the world by giving out handouts. The idea that we are looking to improve the lives of the Iraqis is not mutually exclusive to the idea of going into Iraq for their oil, but you have to look at this like it were a business. Does it make sense to spend trillions of dollars in resources without a tangible benefit?

    To think that the rest of the Middle East will fall in love with democracy once they see the Iraqis voting is a nice idea, but terribly naive.
    ding ding ding, we have a winner

    there is no such thing as altruism in foreign policy, not for any country

    that said, benefits can certainly flow both ways and improving human rights can be to our benefit. it may primarily sell wars but that doesn't mean it isn't in our national interest.

  49. #49
    PiMpY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Still in the hood...
    Posts
    25,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timex View Post
    pimpy, c'mon aren't you an political science major?
    yes, and?

  50. #50
    PiMpY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Still in the hood...
    Posts
    25,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years."
    disclaimer: im piss drunk

    that said, the us isnt a democracy for that reason. a true democracy = tyranny of the masses.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •