greetings, fellow internet!

welcome to digitalgangster.com, the coolest community for people who hack the gibson and make bajillions of dollars off of online marketing. this version of the forum is in view only mode for archival purposes. the new forum can be found here.

ASGPHE,
ytcracker, original digital gangster
follow me on twitter
fan me on facebook

Thread: Web Development

Hybrid View

Default Web Development

so I really want to get into web development again, i used to do graphics for sites but then i got lazy and started school and haven't touched photoshop seriously in about a year and a half. I need to learn web languages (i know some basic html) but once i get rolling it shouldn't be too bad. My only problem is getting a good idea for a website. I was thinking a blog but that also seems kinda lame. Anyway, someone should suggest a project topic preferably with an example of something similar. if not then whatev. I just dont know what would be interesting.

learn some flash, and make another site similar to the two posted in my recent make money thread
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

i know how to use flash, just gotta learn actionscript. downloading it atm

is there a free version of flash or anything yet

it was news to me last week that there were basic versions of c++, c#, and VB on microsoft's website
    a.k.a Hous Bin Pharteen

Default Learning Web Design?

Flash and actionscript is sufficient. At this stage, you must decide what section with web design/development you want to grind yourself into. If you say everything, it will take you a long time.

For a start, web design is a matter of imagination... ART. If you have good insights and can play well with your head creatively. You're into it. It really doesn't matter if it's an animated or a static site. For as long as it conveys the message/purpose of your advertising medium. You're on the right track.

Just be persistent and put passion on your interests. Don't consider it as a milking cow. Do it as if you really love doing it. Who knows, you may find yourself not only an expert of Flash but also of Ruby, PHP, AJAX, etc...

Focus, Discipline, Hardwork and a whole lot of artistic schemes is the formula
    Geeks aren't losers, They just aren't winners

don't plex

adobe has trials of most software on their site
    #CASH @ EFNET