greetings, fellow internet!

welcome to digitalgangster.com, the coolest community for people who hack the gibson and make bajillions of dollars off of online marketing. this version of the forum is in view only mode for archival purposes. the new forum can be found here.

ASGPHE,
ytcracker, original digital gangster
follow me on twitter
fan me on facebook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you go to someone's house for the first time

Default When you go to someone's house for the first time

Do you act all polite and everything?

I just take the place over and go thru the fridge and start making a sandwich or something.

But like, this one girl came over and was like, "do you have ice?" and it's like you know I have ice and you know where it is. Go get some.

how do you act when you go to someone's house for the first time?

What will i master next?

i take the biggest dump i can in the community bathroom and then leave the door open and refuse to use lysol.
    Quote Originally Posted by hijinks View Post
    You are data, are you not physical?

My man Lysol is fresh out the joint

I usually ask if they have any ice

you dont just go into a fridge man.. that's the most rude shit. always ask for things when its your first time. manners, the thing nobody has anymore.
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

pewpewpewblatbbbllaatt
    Quote Originally Posted by ganjanaut View Post
    someone is gonna quote that and put it in his sig

Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post
    you dont just go into a fridge man.. that's the most rude shit. always ask for things when its your first time. manners, the thing nobody has anymore.
    That's so crazy. Am I going to be denied something? If I go to your house and ask you for a soda, you're going to say "sure". I'm just cutting out the asking part....can't we just agree that we're both into sharing things?

And do I have to ask every time? And if not, how many times should I ask for something before I just go get it?

That is like compairing asking someone for a cig or reaching in their pocket and grabbing one out...you just ask

not only is that wrong, its homo........since you would have to put your hands...do i really need to explain this

Quote Originally Posted by Magitek_dg View Post
    That's so crazy. Am I going to be denied something? If I go to your house and ask you for a soda, you're going to say "sure". I'm just cutting out the asking part....can't we just agree that we're both into sharing things?
    no, like i said earlier, its manners. apparently something you dont have. and to be honest, if you came in my house and started going thro my fridge looking for ice, id call you out for your lack of respect.
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

i usually take a shit in their kitchen sink
    I cant believe it when your ghost wont let me go

Quote Originally Posted by cit1 View Post
    That is like compairing asking someone for a cig or reaching in their pocket and grabbing one out...you just ask

not only is that wrong, its homo........since you would have to put your hands...do i really need to explain this
    That's totally different because you're supposed to have your own supply of cigarettes. I'm not supposed to bring my own ice to your house.

no, like i said earlier, its manners. apparently something you dont have. and to be honest, if you came in my house and started going thro my fridge looking for ice, id call you out for your lack of respect.
    I got mad manners but I don't see how it's disrespectful to go get stuff you would allow me to get if I asked.

Hell, I consider it a sign of respect. I'm showing you that I am comfortable with you and feel at home with you.

That's totally different because you're supposed to have your own supply of cigarettes. I'm not supposed to bring my own ice to your house.
    Good point

Although I am with Ryph on this one, that is just common sense to show some respect to other peoples things

I LOOK UP TO MR SWAG DO YOU?

Magitek has a good point

WHY SO CURIOUS?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattersfool View Post
    fuck, don't drink and DG, cause you might get quoted

ask where they keep the pizzas
    Quote Originally Posted by ganjanaut View Post
    someone is gonna quote that and put it in his sig

I got mad manners but I don't see how it's disrespectful to go get stuff you would allow me to get if I asked.

Hell, I consider it a sign of respect. I'm showing you that I am comfortable with you and feel at home with you.
    No he doesn't. Just because you are comfortable enough to do it does not mean that it is cool to do

if ur friends with someone dont you think you have gotten past that ackward stage of asking for shit

unless you truely don't know where it is

WHY SO CURIOUS?

I wouldn't go and like pop the bottle of champagne you have chilling in the fridge or take your last doughnut or something.

I would never take the last or first of anything.

But like, some ice for a drink or some chips or something...how is it disrespectful to go get those? That's what they're there for.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Ninja View Post
    if ur friends with someone dont you think you have gotten past that ackward stage of asking for shit

Yeah that too. If I'm at your house, I'm prolly your homie.

exactly

WHY SO CURIOUS?

when i go over my cousins house...i drink his beer, and i know which fridge its in, and i'll bring one up for him. i cant compare this to cigarettes because i can't buy beer so i can't have my own supply. But when i do go over and i know im going to drink his beer, i bring over a bag of chips or two and/or a bottle of soda. its as close to a fair trade as i can get for the next 2 years and idk but he seems alright with it because he still invites me over

Agreed. I have known my girl and her husband for like 6 months and I STILL ask before I use their computer, watch their movies, eat their food, etc. They constantly call me out on how I don't need to ask but ... it's a habit. I don't like being rude or intrusive and I find it a bit annoying when people touch my shit without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Ninja View Post

Read the title shithead

I would never take the last or first of anything.
    i pull that at my cousins house too, unless they insist and then you kind of have to if they insist on you taking the first.

so where does it stop? fine, you can justify getting ice - since you know id say ok. does that open up my entire kitchen to you? go grab a hot pocket and throw it in the wave real fast if youre hungry. no need to ask. you know ill let you. start baking a cake while youre at it, ill say yea you know that. so why even bother asking? it's called etiquette man..

Read the title shithead
    just cause its the first time at their house doesnt mean its the first day you met them

WHY SO CURIOUS?

Quote Originally Posted by tispe View Post
    i pull that at my cousins house too, unless they insist and then you kind of have to if they insist on you taking the first.
    Interesting note...I read an ettiquite book once and it said that you should refuse something offered twice, and only twice, before accepting.

Interesting note...I read an ettiquite book once and it said that you should refuse something offered twice, and only twice, before accepting.
    I do that, but in rules of three, and for just about everything.

so where does it stop? fine, you can justify getting ice - since you know id say ok. does that open up my entire kitchen to you? go grab a hot pocket and throw it in the wave real fast if youre hungry. no need to ask. you know ill let you. start baking a cake while youre at it, ill say yea you know that. so why even bother asking? it's called etiquette man..
    Well yeah, obviously there's a line and I guess I make up a line for each person....like at my dad's house there are no rules but at like a coworker's house I wouldn't start heating up a hot pocket without asking but I think there are certain things in people's kitchens that become public items when you invite me in.

Like making a sandwich? lol

but I think there are certain things in people's kitchens that become public items when you invite me in.
    fair enough, that's your opinion. and im assuming that's what this thread was about anyway, since you asked others how they act at some1 elses house. i told you how i was raised to act.

also, you may not get bitched out directly by the owner by raiding their kitchens as id call you out, but know the owner is prolly saying to himself, "what the fuck is this rude asshole doing? does he not know how to ask?"

Like making a sandwich? lol
    I will totally throw some mustard and turkey on some bread

but not at EVERYONE'S house. If you're some cat I know, I'd do it. but like a coworker or business associate or shit like that, I'd ask at that point.

i love sp sp helps me pay my rent drug addict's Avatar

go into my fridge healthy and thirsty

come out of my fridge thirsty and bloody
    Quote Originally Posted by ytcracker View Post
    dg sux dick

also, you may not get bitched out directly by the owner by raiding their kitchens as id call you out, but know the owner is prolly saying to himself, "what the fuck is this rude asshole doing? does he not know how to ask?"
    lol Yeah that's probably true and I understand the concept...like, that's my shit so ask me before you mess with it. But I don't get how certain things can be considered off limits. I mean, nobody asks to sit on the sofa or pet the cat or something.

So where's your line...at what point do you think people should start asking permission?

Quote Originally Posted by dennis View Post
    go into my fridge healthy and thirsty

come out of my fridge thirsty and bloody
    Dennis if I ever go to your house it'll be in the middle of night and I'll have ViO with me and I'll only be thirsty for blood.

What will i master next?

Dennis if I ever go to your house it'll be in the middle of night and I'll have ViO with me and I'll only be thirsty for blood.

Mr. Dennis, what is your retort?

i love sp sp helps me pay my rent drug addict's Avatar

retort?
    Quote Originally Posted by ytcracker View Post
    dg sux dick

it means a quick answer (retort)

WHY SO CURIOUS?

rebuttal nurga

i like this thread
    magitek is like goofus and ryph is like gallant

What will i master next?

Quote Originally Posted by dennis View Post
    retort?
    seriously? you gotta be shittin me..........

Quote Originally Posted by faze View Post
    i like this thread
    magitek is like goofus and ryph is like gallant
    FUCK

Do you act all polite and everything?

I just take the place over and go thru the fridge and start making a sandwich or something.

But like, this one girl came over and was like, "do you have ice?" and it's like you know I have ice and you know where it is. Go get some.

how do you act when you go to someone's house for the first time?
    depends on the initial new smell

you know how some peoples house dont really stink, well some do but i dunno that smell

Quote Originally Posted by Smoove View Post
    depends on the initial new smell

you know how some peoples house dont really stink, well some do but i dunno that smell
    Wow that was such a detailed and explanatory response.

if its got an odd smell chances are the place is dirty or not that well taken care of, and odourless house... counters and shit are safe

if it smells like ciggatets and beer your in a party/flop house aka dont use the sheets or the toilet biatch

i got a question for you

when you go to someones house for the night do you use there soap?

i do, i usually don't hesitate to wash my anus with it either

magitek you are an all-around class act man

Now THAT is a cool question.

The answer is yes but I think it's awesome that even soap can seem dirty in some people's houses.