greetings, fellow internet!

welcome to digitalgangster.com, the coolest community for people who hack the gibson and make bajillions of dollars off of online marketing. this version of the forum is in view only mode for archival purposes. the new forum can be found here.

ASGPHE,
ytcracker, original digital gangster
follow me on twitter
fan me on facebook

Thread: Backup/Restore large MySQL db's

Default Backup/Restore large MySQL db's

MySQL has a gay cap of like 20MB or something like that. I am using MySQLDumper which has worked for me in the past, but only sometimes, it times out after abuot 70% of the restore.

Any recommendations? I am moving the database from one remote server to another

Thanks

mysqldump
    Warning: include('signature') [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in eval'd code on line 38
    Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'signature' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in eval'd code on line 38
    Motorcycle Wiki

there is some command more specific to moving between servers but mysql dump works fine even with really big dbs in my experience.

it's command line not php though, you're really running into a php problem not a mysql program i believe
    Warning: include('signature') [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in eval'd code on line 38
    Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'signature' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in eval'd code on line 38
    Motorcycle Wiki

#!/bin/bash
    ACCOUNT_NAME=.....
    PWD=...
    rm -rf databasedump/*;
    mysqldump -p${PWD} ${ACCOUNT_NAME}_dbname > databasedump/${ACCOUNT_NAME}_dbname-$(date +%m-%d-%Y).sql;

if it's a cpanel setup that works great otherwise change ${ACCOUNT_NAME}_dbname to some db name
    Motorcycle Wiki

lol @ mysql capping db backup at 20mb. they would lose everything.

i can ask for the script we use if you really care.

Quote Originally Posted by stang View Post
    lol @ mysql capping db backup at 20mb. they would lose everything.

i can ask for the script we use if you really care.
    Erm I meant to say phpmyadmin caps @ 20MB or something weak.

Find out which you use, hopefully it is a PHP front end software, I am not sure if I have console/remote access to the MySQL server

you can only upload whatever php's limit is set at. pma is simply letting you know the settings. if your settings are set to 20mb (or whatever, too small for your mclarge huge .sql file), then you'll need to have it download it some other way onto the server. it sucks if you don't have shell access, wget would work perfectly.

though the fact that you have such a large database and you _don't_ have shell access kind of confuses me.

i am a larg fagit c0cktarde Lil Miss Carob Snuggles's Avatar

maybe if you didn't use linux you wouldnt have these problems heh
    ~RouND HerE wE ReP Dem GoTCHa BoYz~

dont like my posting or want to threaten me? call 617-283-1555
    email Dem GoTCHa BoYz

Quote Originally Posted by TEH COCKTARD View Post
    maybe if you didn't use linux you wouldnt have these problems heh
    quoted for accuracy
    Motorcycle Wiki

linux doesn't create problems you doltz