greetings, fellow internet!

welcome to digitalgangster.com, the coolest community for people who hack the gibson and make bajillions of dollars off of online marketing. this version of the forum is in view only mode for archival purposes. the new forum can be found here.

ASGPHE,
ytcracker, original digital gangster
follow me on twitter
fan me on facebook

Thread: any1 play stocks?

Default any1 play stocks?

sup anyone use scottrade or e-trade and day-trade at all?

What are some smart investments..

I wanna drop like 5K into an investment account and try and make my money make some money, anyone shed some light on what some safe investments could be to get my feet wet ? I'm sure there's some gurus here... thx

Cowards die many times before their actual deaths.

if you have to ask what moves to make, don't waste ur money, ull just lose it.

If you truly wanna fuck with some stocks, give it to a reputable finance guy and he will do you well.

yeah i mean I know the basic moves that need to be made i just want to diversify a bit

the safe investment would be to invest some time in learning more about picking stocks.

$5k isn't much to play with. i don't think you'd lose all your money, but i don't think you'll make a whole lot either.
    good luck bros

i used to make some moves my self but the last year has been such a clusterfuck. its like every day the market either gains or loses triple digits so I just leave it up to my finance guy.

Message me on skype and I'll get my dad to help me help you. You need to read the lingo and understand the graphs first. yahoo finance is where I learned

Quote Originally Posted by f420 View Post
    Message me on skype and I'll get my dad to help me help you. You need to read the lingo and understand the graphs first. yahoo finance is where I learned
    sounds like a winning situation to me. Next time I wanna gamble with 5k ima hit up a stranger on the internet and ask his dad for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by headiez View Post
    sounds like a winning situation to me. Next time I wanna gamble with 5k ima hit up a stranger on the internet and ask his dad for advice.
    My dad is a stock broker, 420p knows me as well. It's not like he's handing over his money to my father in hopes to make double the amount. My dad will give him advice on what to watch, it's his decision whether or not to do shit with it. Why don't you stop trolling every fucking post in whywork, it's unbearable. Don't you complain that whywork and DG sucks now? Yes, I believe you do...then why are you here all the time? Why can't you just move on to the next forum and troll that one on how bad the posts are.

troll > being accused by multiple people of being a scammer.

i was giving my legit opinion, which still stands, regardless of what your dad does for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by headiez View Post
    troll > being accused by multiple people of being a scammer.

i was giving my legit opinion, which still stands, regardless of what your dad does for a living.
    One kid who doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm sure a lot of people can vouch for me, but that's just not needed. You're just another useless kid who contributes nothing except hate.

to op--

I think its real smart if you are serious about it to do a lot of reading and research.

fuck asking other people advice on what to buy. If you wanna do that, hire a legit SUCCESSFUL broker/finance guy. Successful as in multi millionaire. If guy has been a stock broker for decades and doesn't have a net worth of at least 5mill, something is wrong. proof is in the results. I got real lucky and got grandfathered into the firm I'm at because the owner is a family friend but he has told me some fucked up shit about the average stock broker and needless to say there are plenty of fuckers out there.

One kid who doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm sure a lot of people can vouch for me, but that's just not needed. You're just another useless kid who contributes nothing except hate.
    I could easily do wp download drops in whywork once a week like you do. Hardly call that a contribution.

seriously tho, I prob have been being a dick a bit too much so ill try to take it down a notch, my b. i gotta smoke more bud.

I contribute by helping members that need it. Not just on the forum, but on Skype and handing out viral fb apps, mailers, data, money, etc. I don't exactly have a problem with you but it's hard not to be a dick when someone calls me out for no reason. I agree with your average stockbroker post. People who I've known from my dads job have done some dirty shit over the years. I'm just trying to help out some...not trying to start a battle.

ya my b on that, I really am a dick sometimes.

re: the dirty stock people, I can totally see WHY they do it, I'm sure its hard to resist the temptation, which is exactly why I would always advise people to be careful when they invest. I bet your dad has some crazy stories about people he knew that did some fucked up shit.

100k$ > futures > ???? > $$$$

With 100k portfolio and day trading on futures, you can easily bring in xx,xxx a month. Unless you're a retard of course, or have the nerves of a 80 year old.

im open to putting up to ~10k in there to play around with and see, just osmehting to give me a better return then standard interest rate.. i'd like to learn, thanks

I play around with shorting penny stocks every now and then if see a stock thats getting hyped up and its worthless in assets. Sometimes hard to find shares to borrow for shorting though... but you can always make cash going long while its getting hyped.. just can't get too greedy cause the crash is inevitable. Check out timothysykes.com for info on shorting pennies.

Also, you can't make more than 3 day trades (same day open/closes) within 5 biz days unless you got 25k$ in your account... sec regulation.
    Last edited by sc1; 12-23-2011 at 07:01 PM.

I've been learning / practicing stocks at http://updown.com they give you $1,000,000 fake money to invest with so you can see how you would do etc. Best way to learn in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sc1 View Post
    I play around with shorting penny stocks every now and then if see a stock thats getting hyped up and its worthless in assets. Sometimes hard to find shares to borrow for shorting though... but you can always make cash going long while its getting hyped.. just can't get too greedy cause the crash is inevitable. Check out timothysykes.com for info on shorting pennies.

Also, you can't make more than 3 day trades (same day open/closes) within 5 biz days unless you got 25k$ in your account... sec regulation.
    wrong, you can have more than 25$k in your account and still be limited to 3 day settlements. you have to use a margin account, if you want less than a 3 day settlement(its nigh impossible to trade without that, unless your rich as fuck :P)

Quote Originally Posted by shemer77 View Post
    wrong, you can have more than 25$k in your account and still be limited to 3 day settlements. you have to use a margin account, if you want less than a 3 day settlement(its nigh impossible to trade without that, unless your rich as fuck :P)
    I'm a broker at one of the big banks/brokerage houses and we can do same day settlement on stocks and bonds as long as the order is entered before 11:30 am. Otherwise next day settlement is quickest we can do. However, default is T+3.

seekingalpha.com can be helpful with different investment ideas - however keep in mind that its a blog so anyone can post anything.

stock market is for suckers. impossible to make money with it
    I make $1,000/day with facebook. Yea..i'm teh sh1t

Yeah ill vouch. -__-

Pay him for advice, trust me you'll have his undivided attention (maybe) for a whole 30 secs? (maybe, if your lucky 1min)
    Hes dads probably worse... So to have to depend on the both of them? lmfao..

Oh hey look it's the one kid.

Hahahaha, not only does he give great advice.
    But hes jokes are hilarious!

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by shemer77 View Post
    What does settles have to do with this unless you put all the loot on the line (which is retarded)? Anyways, I usually get next day settles because I pick up a phone and ask for it... even in accounts with just 5k in it, lol.

Anyone buy stock alert user data ? PM me your contact. I have solid source.

pretty sure when i was fucking around with stocks you had to have >=40k in an account to day trade. i had an extra 5k saved up and decided to split it up between netflix, apple, google, and gold. quit looking at it and even monitoring it for ~7 months and just so happen the iphone, android, instant watch all came out and it did well. I got hooked and tried learning shit, fucked it all up and lost most of what i invested after that thinking I knew how to read some candles like a boss. used to be a site like twitter for stock marketeers, don't remember what it was, but i used to base a lot of my learning on what was going on there.

a buddy of mine invested 10k he got from his dad and had close to 40k a year and a half later and this was when he was 16 and all he used was stockcharts and yahoo finance

if you read finance news and monitor your shit like a hawk you can make some money. gotta watch market conditions though he lost $xx,xxx in the 08 crash

so i can only make 3 trade a week basically?

bump

Quote Originally Posted by 420p View Post
    yeah i mean I know the basic moves that need to be made i just want to diversify a bit
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Quote Originally Posted by sc1 View Post

Yes you can make money if you buy before the email promos go out. If you look at the daily chart and see massive volume spike and the stock is up 100 percent you missed your chance but the good news is you can still make money shorting the mofo on the way down.

Its called day parting rule.

Open an account with an offshore broker and bypass this issue. My broker give me 6-1 leverage on day trades and 2-1 leverage if im holding overnight.

just do whatever Einhorn is blabbering about and you'll end up decent
    "Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot." - Jim Rohn