greetings, fellow internet!

welcome to digitalgangster.com, the coolest community for people who hack the gibson and make bajillions of dollars off of online marketing. this version of the forum is in view only mode for archival purposes. the new forum can be found here.

ASGPHE,
ytcracker, original digital gangster
follow me on twitter
fan me on facebook

Thread: next generation iphone to be unveiled october 4 (official)

Default next generation iphone to be unveiled october 4 (official)

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/21/tech/m...html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- Apple will unveil its next-generation iPhone at an event on Tuesday, October 4, according to a report on AllThingsD, a Wall Street Journal blog network.
    The phone will be available to consumers "within a few weeks" of that announcement, the publication says, citing unnamed sources. CNN has not confirmed this news and AllThingsD acknowledges the date could change.

The smartphone likely will be called the iPhone 5 or the iPhone 4S, according to the common wisdom on tech blogs. A version of the phone was reportedly found in a San Francisco bar earlier this summer, according to the tech site CNET, but few details about the phone's hardware are certain. AllThingsD also expects Tim Cook, Apple's new CEO, to handle most of the announcement. Cook took over leadership of the much-scrutinized tech company after its iconic co-founder, Steve Jobs, stepped down from the post after going on medical leave.

"The pressure will be on Cook to turn in a good performance at the event," writes John Paczkowski, "especially after what has so far been a very smooth leadership transition at Apple." The blog TechCrunch agrees: "Apple's future likely hinges more on his on-stage presence than just a piece of hardware."
    PM me with forum questions or concerns and I will do my best to help

definitely going to pick it up

my 3GS is mad old now and i got apple gift cards i've been saving for this

you better back off before i jack off

aldous huxley was right.
    I dont buy the whole humanity thing, I dont believe in my species. I dont believe in my country. I dont believe in religion. I dont believe in government. I dont believe in big business. I think its a game, a racket, a con. I enjoy not caring because it gives me a detachment, a separation. I see alot of people into politics who believe that 'Oh there's hope, only if we do this'. I dont believe that either.

Quote Originally Posted by robat View Post
    drinking a high life atm moving on with my life

lol @ next generation phone with 3g
    most boring signature of all time

lean left

im so fucking pissed i just renewed my damn contract

I can clearly see the sunshine but im steady walking through the rain

Quote Originally Posted by qbert View Post
    No way it won't have 4G.

Looking for long term SEO partner
    Everything I post on this forum is fiction.

Apparently Sprint is supposed to be the first provider to receive the new iPhone. That's pretty lame for existing ATT and Verizon customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangible Asset View Post
    No way it won't have 4G.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2390800,00.asp

unless they've somehow revolutionized the hardware necessary for 4g ihdi

4g is a myth to begin with

I think the percentage of consumers that actually achieve the advertised speeds "4g" is capable of is REAL low. 4g is just a speed measurement of mobile data, and these phone companies are promoting a concept that the hardware simply can't support. just not enough bandwidth.
    PM me with forum questions or concerns and I will do my best to help

exactly koin. i laugh at people that say "yeah i got 4g with this" yup you sure do.
    We Gettin' -بجدية Money!

okay so it's not the technical definition of "4g" but

let's see your iphone

and that's been consistent since i got my phone in a downtown metropolitan area

why does it say comcast? are you using sprint or what?

lol im band

Quote Originally Posted by koin View Post

I think the percentage of consumers that actually achieve the advertised speeds "4g" is capable of is REAL low. 4g is just a speed measurement of mobile data, and these phone companies are promoting a concept that the hardware simply can't support. just not enough bandwidth.
    who cares if I'm not getting the 100mb download speeds that comes from true 4g?

I'm getting 10-20mb, and thats a hell lot better then the 2-3mb on 3g.

lol im band

Quote Originally Posted by jrob View Post
    why does it say comcast? are you using sprint or what?
    The server he is testing with is hosted by comcast.

edit: also unless they raise the screen size to at least 4", then fuck that bullshit 3.5. After owning an epic touch 4g with 4.65 inch screen, there is no way in hell id go back to a 3.5
    Last edited by lolwaitwut; 09-21-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koin View Post

What kind of download speeds do you expect with 4g?

Quote Originally Posted by josez View Post
    aldous huxley was right.
    R.I.P
    ~

My only fear is the unknown. david blaine's Avatar

Eh, data plans cost too much, it's not worth it to me right now.

and btw, why fuck with iPhone? Every other smart phone out there has comparable features, if not all of the features an iPhone supports and then some... like some features that are redefining smart phone usage.

I wouldn't know... I've never owned a smart phone or had a data plan before, I had a blackberry like 5 years ago to read email via custom domain smtp, but I gave up on that idea cause my emails were never seriously important that couldn't be just be texted to my phone's texting plan vian innate email address/alias or via forwarding so it didn't make sense to own a data plan that way and so I canceled the plan after like 2 days and got a flip phone with unlimited texting that I've had ever since.... and I still only text like 5 people.

I know that whole texting shit is for girls anyways... I've seen some girls send/receive like 10,000 texts a month. That's insane. That means you're addicted to drama I believe.

I'd love to have a HTC Evo with the what dual core processor for a phone lol? That shit looks baller.... but at the same time I got this iPod Touch for free which does everything I need to... why would I buy something for like $500 just to go a little bit faster?

Idk... I definitly have read the smart phone reviews on youtube etc. and want to get a smart phone, but still I think I'll wait a few years until smart phones become common usage and the price goes down as well as data plans (4g) go down in price.

Technology often causes problems in my life. I'd probably get addicted to texting/surfing the internet while pooping if I got a smart phone.

lol I know that 4G/LTE isn't even what it really is yet but what are you talking about with not getting speeds? the minimum I get down is 12 mbps in the suburbs.

use a 4G phone on vzw for a week and you will never want to use 3G again

and all I have to say is

Thank fuck they've at least put an announcement date. Shit was meant to be early this month...

Drinksquad 2k11

go fuck youreself

hey koin why did you block me on skype bb - juji

juji where does mna live? in seattle?
    I dont buy the whole humanity thing, I dont believe in my species. I dont believe in my country. I dont believe in religion. I dont believe in government. I dont believe in big business. I think its a game, a racket, a con. I enjoy not caring because it gives me a detachment, a separation. I see alot of people into politics who believe that 'Oh there's hope, only if we do this'. I dont believe that either.

Quote Originally Posted by robat View Post
    drinking a high life atm moving on with my life