greetings, fellow internet!

welcome to digitalgangster.com, the coolest community for people who hack the gibson and make bajillions of dollars off of online marketing. this version of the forum is in view only mode for archival purposes. the new forum can be found here.

ASGPHE,
ytcracker, original digital gangster
follow me on twitter
fan me on facebook

Thread: Might be getting kicked out of college

Default Might be getting kicked out of college

Dear Student:

Your academic performance no longer meets the university standards. Therefore, you are subject to disqualification. This means that you could be disqualified and may not be eligible to take classes this coming quarter. Your academic department/college is currently reviewing your record in further detail and will inform you before the start of the next academic term via email on whether you have been disqualified.

If you are disqualified, you will not be eligible to take courses effective immediately. If you are not disqualified, you will be allowed to continue taking courses with the strict expectation that you avoid academic probation in the future (see policy below). Your department and/or college will provide further instructions, depending on your status.

This is a serious matter and requires your immediate attention. Our school sets high academic standards and as such we are committed to support the academic success of all of our students. We encourage you to take this opportunity to evaluate your priorities and to resolve any issues that negatively impact your academic progress.
    I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do. I spent too much time fucking around this summer instead of focusing on my online classes (some bullshit GE nutrition/food science classes) and now I might have to pay the price. If I get kicked out I'll have wasted ~60-70k. I can appeal the decision but it takes a whole quarter and I'll miss required major courses that are only offered once per year (I'm a senior). FUCK ME

Looking for long term SEO partner
    Everything I post on this forum is fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangible Asset View Post
    I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do. I spent too much time fucking around this summer instead of focusing on my online classes (some bullshit GE nutrition/food science classes) and now I might have to pay the price. If I get kicked out I'll have wasted ~60-70k. I can appeal the decision but it takes a whole quarter and I'll miss required major courses that are only offered once per year (I'm a senior). FUCK ME
    damn dude

how do you go 4 years and then slip up on the last semester?

I planned my last year way in advanced. Took all in-school classes my 2nd to last semester, then on my last semester, took all online elective type classes. Easiest final semester EVER

bastard son of the internet N0P's Avatar

Drop out and quit wasting your money. lol jk. Call up the school and beg them. *shrug*
    just another wasted clock cycle

If you ask me to crack shit, I'll cut ya throat nurga.

lol ive been on probation for the last 2 semesters

bastard son of the internet N0P's Avatar

Call them and tell them your daddy is physically disabled in a wheelchair and he forces you to jerk him off because he can't do it himself and if you refuse to, he'll stop paying for your tuition and that its negatively affecting your academic performance.
    just another wasted clock cycle

If you ask me to crack shit, I'll cut ya throat nurga.

i was on academic probation for 7 semesters. Shit sucked. Finally got off of it and have a 2.6 now but I will be on financial aid probation until I graduate. Meaning if I fail or drop even one class I lose financial aid forever. I have 4 semesters left.

I got back from academic suspension twice. Just go through the steps and prove to them you won't have any more problems. Be super nice too.
    a.k.a Hous Bin Pharteen

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Knumb3rs View Post
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    wrong thread bro

http://www.digitalgangster.com/4um/s...ch-of-all-time

how are you not just on probation?

I don't know how I let this happen. Probably because I don't really care about my major nor do I plan to do anything with it other than my senior project (solar hydro greenhouse). If I lose my financial aid and/or student loans I am fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by theredspecial View Post
    how are you not just on probation?
    I was on probation last quarter. The way it works here is if you dip below a 2.0 they make you sign a contract saying it won't happen again and if it does that consecutive quarter you get kicked out. I got a C and a C- over summer, aka a 1.85 aka below a 2.0

:( :( :(

Quote Originally Posted by tispe View Post
    wrong thread bro
    ruin the moment tispe...btw trip me out with the thread jump quote

tispe stealing my dg karma
    Last edited by Knumb3rs; 09-09-2011 at 02:27 PM.

brbtoast

get a psychologist to say that you spent the quarter getting your shit together, THEN suck it up and realize that you'll have to go next fall semester and do aid/classes/school

Quote Originally Posted by Tangible Asset View Post
    I was on probation last quarter. The way it works here is if you dip below a 2.0 they make you sign a contract saying it won't happen again and if it does that consecutive quarter you get kicked out. I got a C and a C- over summer, aka a 1.85 aka below a 2.0

:( :( :(
    I have to ask this question: How many times have you been suspended? Again I've been suspended twice, and I got out of it relatively easily each time. Lots of people I know have been suspended once or twice.

My first semester on probation I got a 1.98. Shit was mad fucking gay. Life went downhill from there. You can bounce back. I do have to say that you should be studying something you enjoy and plan on using. I am doing that with Management Information Systems. If I wasn't doing something I loved and/or planned on using I would just quit school and go make money elsewhere, maybe with certs in welding or something. Prolly auto shop. Get your shit figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by joccy View Post
    get a psychologist to say that you spent the quarter getting your shit together, THEN suck it up and realize that you'll have to go next fall semester and do aid/classes/school
    Benefit to this is you could apply for a retroactive withdrawl if you can get a doc to certify that you had serious mental issues. That would basically void anything that happened that last bad semester. They SAY that retroactive activity won't fix that stuff but it will if you appeal it and they go back and suddenly your record doesn't show the mistake that put you there. I got denied by that once but I didn't have a mental health excuse. I actually may use that this time around and that would lift me from financial aid probation.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Mackey View Post
    ^ this
    a.k.a Hous Bin Pharteen

brbtoast

Quote Originally Posted by mhu View Post
    I have to ask this question: How many times have you been suspended? Again I've been suspended twice, and I got out of it relatively easily each time. Lots of people I know have been suspended once or twice.

My first semester on probation I got a 1.98. Shit was mad fucking gay. Life went downhill from there. You can bounce back. I do have to say that you should be studying something you enjoy and plan on using. I am doing that with Management Information Systems. If I wasn't doing something I loved and/or planned on using I would just quit school and go make money elsewhere, maybe with certs in welding or something. Prolly auto shop. Get your shit figured out.

Benefit to this is you could apply for a retroactive withdrawl if you can get a doc to certify that you had serious mental issues. That would basically void anything that happened that last bad semester. They SAY that retroactive activity won't fix that stuff but it will if you appeal it and they go back and suddenly your record doesn't show the mistake that put you there. I got denied by that once but I didn't have a mental health excuse. I actually may use that this time around and that would lift me from financial aid probation.

Also

^ this
    exactly

keep going even if you already failed, atleast then when you take it again you will know it all and easily pass

Exalted Member
    Awarded for Meritorious Service
    in the Name of DG

they just want you to write them a letter sucking their dicks and saying you will be a good boy. takes ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
    1. taste on your tongue???? only benefit is you know you drilled it 2. your hearing goes from 10 to 1 like a volume knob being turned down fairly fast. 3. intense rush beyond anything i have ever done. nothing comes close. 4. extreme euphoria and auditory hallucinations 5. body high that lasts 30 minutes where you get random boners and waves of the euphoria.

I'd say there's a garbage file that needs pulling on your school's gibson. Hack the planet, fix your grades, destroy the da vinci virus and save the world.