greetings, fellow internet!

welcome to digitalgangster.com, the coolest community for people who hack the gibson and make bajillions of dollars off of online marketing. this version of the forum is in view only mode for archival purposes. the new forum can be found here.

ASGPHE,
ytcracker, original digital gangster
follow me on twitter
fan me on facebook
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Lamo is a snitch! Wikileaks person caught.

Angry Adrian Lamo is a snitch! Wikileaks person caught.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/06/leak/

Manning came to the attention of the FBI and Army investigators after he contacted former hacker Adrian Lamo late last month over instant messenger and e-mail. Lamo had just been the subject of a Wired.com article. Very quickly in his exchange with the ex-hacker, Manning claimed to be the Wikileaks video leaker.

“If you had unprecedented access to classified networks 14 hours a day 7 days a week for 8+ months, what would you do?” Manning asked.

Bradley Manning (Facebook.com)

From the chat logs provided by Lamo, and examined by Wired.com, it appears Manning sensed a kindred spirit in the ex-hacker. He discussed personal issues that got him into trouble with his superiors and left him socially isolated, and said he had been demoted and was headed for an early discharge from the Army.

When Manning told Lamo that he leaked a quarter-million classified embassy cables, Lamo contacted the Army, and then met with Army CID investigators and the FBI at a Starbucks near his house in Carmichael, California, where he passed the agents a copy of the chat logs. At their second meeting with Lamo on May 27, FBI agents from the Oakland Field Office told the hacker that Manning had been arrested the day before in Iraq by Army CID investigators.

Lamo has contributed funds to Wikileaks in the past, and says he agonized over the decision to expose Manning — he says he’s frequently contacted by hackers who want to talk about their adventures, and he’s never considered reporting anyone before. The supposed diplomatic cable leak, however, made him believe Manning’s actions were genuinely dangerous to U.S. national security.

“I wouldn’t have done this if lives weren’t in danger,” says Lamo, who discussed the details with Wired.com following Manning’s arrest. “He was in a war zone and basically trying to vacuum up as much classified information as he could, and just throwing it up into the air.”

Lol wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    britty is so stupid she's perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by ytcracker View Post
    i dont think brittany is a real person

Custom User Title

"do not cooperate with the police under any circumstance, even if someone shoots you with a deadly firearm at point-blank range" ~ hairetsu 2o1o

un-fucking-believable

anything for the spotlight
    you better back off before i jack off

Exalted Member
    Awarded for Meritorious Service
    in the Name of DG

when lamo caught his charges for nyt shit i sported the free lamo gear this makes me wish i didn't. whitehat snitch.

lol im band

fucking hate snitches

Exalted Member
    in the Name of DG

anyone here got a way to make this first page on digg titled adrian lamo - the snitch

holy shit
    Conyeezy for Global Mod 2k12

*~Padillac Escobar Seal of Approval 2k7~*

*~Padillac Escobar Award of Excellence 2k7~*

Alle Dinge sind Gift, und nichts ohne Gift... Allein die Dosis macht dass ein Ding kein Gift ist
    -Paracelsus von Hohenheim

what a fucking fuck. never snitch.

killsnitches.com would be legit

Exalted Member
    in the Name of DG

bump

and i thought adrian lamo was cool, no respect for him now fuck him

welcome to guantanamo bay mr. manning.

dynastoned daily debauchery

adrian noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

what the fuck... what the fuck...

I just heard about this.....

you can tune a piano but you cant tuna fish

Lamo contacted the Army, and then met with Army CID investigators and the FBI at a Starbucks near his house in Carmichael, California, where he passed the agents a copy of the chat logs.

ugggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh

yeah saw this this morning was gonna post

such an attention whore

I am seriously fucking appauled by this shit, Lamo is a fucking faggot fuck... and Chico put it best.

ATTENTION WHORE

I now feel disgusted for quoting lamo in one of my FB posts. :-\

[
    Blockcrunch.com]
    Cryptocoin P2Pool Mining Pools - Huston, TX

b-boy

excuse me but what happened?

to my knowledge, wikileak is a bad site and the owner got caught cause lamo snitched?

is this whats going on here?

wow
    high

Exalted Member
    in the Name of DG

Adrian Lamo Hackers confide in me all the time. I'd go to prison before I'd betray their trust. I didn't get Manning arrested. He got himself arrested.

bastard son of the internet N0P's Avatar

Adrian Lamo I'm heartsick for Manning and his family. I hope they can forgive me some day for doing what I felt had to be done.

Adrian Lamo I know what it's like to be 22, scared, and in shackles too. I've been there. I hope none of you ever have to make a choice like this.

Adrian Lamo For the record, I still support Wikileaks, and encourage you to donate to them, especially now.
    just another wasted clock cycle

If you ask me to crack shit, I'll cut ya throat nurga.

lol im band

Vanity...

definitely my favorite sin.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

;D

wow why would u snitch on him

Cowards die many times before their actual deaths.

ALWAYS KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT

why give someone the opportunity to tell on you?

they're both idiots

lol @ doing cops jobs for them

Fuckin' rainbows.
    Selfishness is a disease that cripples everyone around you. Your greed drives others poor. Your love for self comes across as hate for others.

Quote Originally Posted by samhudson333 View Post
    k so ive learned not to fuck around on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrix View Post
    Why do you care what I'm doing?

lol @ his wikipedia page
    2 legit 2 quit

lol im band

3 up votes 1 down vote
    NICE!

lol im band

Snitch hater 4 lyfe.

everyone retoast the reddit link on BHW and or your favorite forum

yo what is #vanity

Wow, fuck this Lamo faggot.
    Hate Juggalos? Love Kevin Smith? Remember Sonic 2?
    Check out the hit music video for "Faygo Rain (ICP Diss)"
    Brought to you by Chozo Ninpo of DG and MC Wreckshin of EPP
    Download the MP3 on iTunes today!

I mean this is a crazy turn of events but if you're dumb enough to release confidential media and potentially risk the security of our country then you clearly want to go to prison and are awaiting a special invitation.

he deserves to rot, although I think Lamo was just looking for some attention because his name has been out of the headlines for a while.

he sort of reminds me of Trainreq, clearly intelligent but just too worried about not being in the limelight and too worried about what other people think of him. he probably should see a counselor about the requirement for social acceptance (this is supposed to diminish after age 17, 18, 19 -- post adolescence) only because if he continues down this road he'll end up doing something even crazier for his next "high" and get himself hurt/into trouble.

and I hate to be the one to say it but this isn't exactly going to bring him the type of attention he wants. "Adrian Lamo" google results will increase a bit, but something tells me a great majority of those web pages will be people saying not so nice things about him.

I look at it this way: it was just a matter of time. Lamo just sped up the process, and he had his best friend Paulson write about it on Wired. I doubt the FBI asked wired to publicize this. I highly doubt they wanted this entire situation blown up, makes our military look bad.
    PM me with forum questions or concerns and I will do my best to help

Quote Originally Posted by koin View Post
    I mean this is a crazy turn of events but if you're dumb enough to release confidential media and potentially risk the security of our country then you clearly want to go to prison and are awaiting a special invitation.

he deserves to rot, although I think Lamo was just looking for some attention because his name has been out of the headlines for a while.

he sort of reminds me of Trainreq, clearly intelligent but just too worried about not being in the limelight and too worried about what other people think of him. he probably should see a counselor about the requirement for social acceptance (this is supposed to diminish after age 17, 18, 19 -- post adolescence) only because if he continues down this road he'll end up doing something even crazier for his next "high" and get himself hurt/into trouble.

and I hate to be the one to say it but this isn't exactly going to bring him the type of attention he wants. "Adrian Lamo" google results will increase a bit, but something tells me a great majority of those web pages will be people saying not so nice things about him.

I look at it this way: it was just a matter of time. Lamo just sped up the process, and he had his best friend Paulson write about it on Wired. I doubt the FBI asked wired to publicize this. I highly doubt they wanted this entire situation blown up, makes our military look bad.

i dont think it could have been said any better.
    smoke purp.

Quote Originally Posted by qbert View Post
    i have been scared of my own dick on acid before

Everything Koin said + How are you people really surprised by any of this in regards to Adrian? We've been saying for years that Adrian cares about Adrian, he was never a real hacker or even a hax0r...he never believed in anything or had any real principles. He's always been a self serving media whore who used his knowledge of OTHER people's actions and hacks as a means to get himself attention.

Vanity indeed
    ZD

bitch move on his part. damn shame...

Unhappy

snitches get stitches

b-boy

wow lamo just ruined some dude's life, a dude who serves in the military to fight for him, its not like manning was doing anything fucking suuuuuuuper bad...fuck asshole if by any chance i see this fag its Terminate on site

Quote Originally Posted by Gangstarr View Post
    wow lamo just ruined some dude's life, a dude who serves in the military to fight for him, its not like manning was doing anything fucking suuuuuuuper bad...fuck asshole if by any chance i see this fag its Terminate on site
    I disagree, I do not believe that this kid would have ultimately gotten away with this. he himself has proven he couldn't handle the access he was given. he brought all this on himself, nobody did this to him.

if you make the decision to join the military and have the honor and trust of this country to be provided with access to privileged information, you do not break that trust. not just anyone gets top secret clearance, and frankly I'm shocked that someone who went through all that trouble would just throw all that effort away on something so mindless and stupid.

this is a disgrace to our military and he deserves to go to prison. Adrian Lamo played a small role, don't give this idiot the credit he longs for. Adrian Lamo is a punk who thinks he can eat off this, he's no better.

lol im band

adrian lmao is a skilled computer hacker he should be praised for his actions in this situation what a awesome guy

lol im band

adrian limo protected our country from terrorists from countries like the middle east by outing him

Quote Originally Posted by koin View Post

even if lamo wasn't an attention whore, manning put him in a fucked up situation.

assuming manning got caught at a later date and lamo kept his mouth shut, what would have been the repercussions if the feds discovered the conversation during their investigation of manning? probably some crazy conspiracy charges for lamo and an extensive investigation in to anyone associated with him.

what if he just went to the feds and not to the press? when the press found out lamo was the informant shit would be worse for him than it already is

the snitch card definitely throws some salt on his name but it was probably the best option for him, his friends, and his family.

sucks to be him
    good luck bros

lol im band

these are all very good points but i dont think adrian lambo meaned to snitch he sjust a good guy looking out for our country as an american he should be given a medal of honor or some sort of decoration

no way, he wasn't snitching for the good of our country

look at him, he's a freeloading attention seeking child with no morals. in fact he's not even a hacker, I don't think he's ever hacked anything. that kid attained headlines with his witty intellect and social engineering skills (I'm not serious about skill being involved with S/E)

I can say I'm glad that Manning got caught but do I think Lamo did it for the good of the USA? No. Absolutely positively no.

lol im band

well its really up to interpretation as to adrian limbo did what he did

lol im band

Quote Originally Posted by rob-beatz View Post

what if he just went to the feds and not to the press? when the press found out lamo was the informant shit would be worse for him than it already is
    The only way the press (or anybody else, for that matter) would ever have known that Lamo was the alleged informant would be if Lamo himself provided that information: only a handful of people on the .mil / .gov side would even have had access to the source's identity, and they're the kind of people who actually can keep secrets.

It was his choice to go to the press and he did so for all the reasons O0O and Koin et al have suggested, much to the pointed consternation, I would imagine, of the feds who in all likelihood tried very hard to talk him down from that.

But in the end, the lure of the spotlight is too much for some, and narcissism ain't an easy thing to fix. I wonder if Lamo can appreciate the irony of what he did: ratting on a guy for leaking sensitive information that ended up in the media, only to turn around and leak everything about a sensitive case... to the media. Heh.

I'm fucking disappointed and disgusted.