greetings, fellow internet!

welcome to digitalgangster.com, the coolest community for people who hack the gibson and make bajillions of dollars off of online marketing. this version of the forum is in view only mode for archival purposes. the new forum can be found here.

ASGPHE,
ytcracker, original digital gangster
follow me on twitter
fan me on facebook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just took a nice little chunk outta my hand.. do i need stitches?

Unhappy just took a nice little chunk outta my hand.. do i need stitches?

just tried to save my vinyl plotter from falling off its stand and somehow took a chunk outta my hand. ive never taken a chunk outta me like this before, it looks way worse irl than it does in the pic.. which i had to take with my webcam because i dont have my digital cam right now so the pic is shitty. under the skin (which is already turning purple/black) is like a fucking cereal bowl of flesh and shit that looks like brain matter. its kinda freakin me out. do i need stitches?

owe, fuck, yea i bet you'll need them

Yeah bro... They'll glue it down for ya...

Or you can clean it with peroxide and wrap it up tight until it's healed.

Experience: Long story short. Installed carpet. Almost cut thumb off with carpet knife. Wrapped up tight. Healed fine (gnarly scar). Tingles to this day...

...but I saved myself a trip to the hospital

Quote Originally Posted by toohxc View Post
    I literally just LOL'd

So random hahaha

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to toohxc again.

Quote Originally Posted by BSpec View Post
    Yeah bro... They'll glue it down for ya...

Or you can clean it with peroxide and wrap it up tight until it's healed.

Experience: Long story short. Installed carpet. Almost cut thumb off with carpet knife. Wrapped up tight. Healed fine (gnarly scar). Tingles to this day...

...but I saved myself a trip to the hospital
    exactly what i wanted to hear +rep lol

i already cleaned it with peroxide and then gold bond spray + bandaged it up. i was just wondering what would happen if i opted not to get stitches because i really don't feel like going to the ER right now, its like 4:42 in the AM here and i've got shit to do.

Yeah dude, just keep it clean and wrapped up. Air it out once in awhile, use peroxide, and wrap it back up (but make sure it's completely dry before you wrap it up).

...Hypothetically speaking, if your hand falls off, it's NOT my fault

Yeah dude, just keep it clean and wrapped up. Air it out once in awhile, use peroxide, and wrap it back up (but make sure it's completely dry before you wrap it up).

...Hypothetically speaking, if your hand falls off, it's NOT my fault
    dont scare me man lol

super glue it. no shens

i am an old friend of ytcracker's betticus's Avatar

Go down to the pharmacy in the morning or wherever you have that has one like a grocery store or walgreens. Get some gauze and 3M medical tape and I'd get some butterfly closures.. like a piece of tape in an I shape. Clean it with an antiseptic, I'd get some fucking iodine because you stuck your fingers in the hole.. just swab the skin around the outside with it, it'll leave a reddish stain but no worries it'll go away. Put some gauze over it and tape it down. Once or twice a day change the bandage but let it fully dry before putting a new one on.

Odds are good you'll get an infection. So when it turns all red and swells up a bit go get some antibiotics.
    A bleached asshole is a happy asshole! An asshole that has had laser hair removal and a bleaching is an asshole worthy of being rimmed.

Quote Originally Posted by theredspecial View Post
    super glue it. no shens
    +1, the japanese were using it in their army to stick peoples guts back in, way before we started to use it to stick together smashed crokery and warhammer models, it will surely do for your little cut.

Quote Originally Posted by theredspecial View Post
    super glue it. no shens

I've heard that burns like a motherfucker, I've never tried...

http://www.ehow.com/how_4450308_use-superglue-cuts.html
    How to Use Superglue for Cuts
    If you accidentally cut yourself and don't have access to band aids, gauze or even a butterfly kit, look for some super glue. You can use super glue for cuts in a pinch so that the wound heals and doesn't get infected. This is a permanent fix for cuts that are less than an inch deep and an inch wide. Using super glue on these kind of cuts will keep you out of the doctor's offices as well.

1. 1
      Stop the blood for the most part. Take a rag, paper towel, extra napkins, your shirt or whatever you have. Apply direct pressure to the area and if possible raise that part of your body above your chest. Apply the type of pressure you'd apply to a thumb tack when you're putting it into a wall.
    2. Step 2
      Once the blood slows significantly, you're ready to close the wound. If you have the water, now would be a good time to use it. Pour the water over the open cut as this will clean it. If you don't have any, that's OK also. Squeeze the two sides of the cut together.
    3. Step 3
      While holding both sides of the cut, add a small bead of super glue down the entire length of the cut. Hold cut closed for 3 minutes while the glue dries. If there was excess blood, repeat the process. The glue will stop most of the bleeding and it will close most cuts needing stitches.

I just kept my thumb wrapped up tight the majority of the time, so my skin kinda bonded back together no problem.

Other option that I've had to use in the past is get some very fine fishing line and some small needles and sew that thing up. I've sewn up a couple of bad cuts on myself in the past.. Out deer hunting once in the middle of nowhere in the woods a my buddy managed to trip into some old barbed wire that was under some brush, gashed open his arm pretty bad. We tied a shirt around it and made it back to camp where he proceeded to calmly sew himself up. Never had a problem and fishing line is one of the things you can remove later. I made the mistake of using cotton thread once and your tissue grows into it so when you pull it out you yank out little bits of flesh.

Or, just go to the doc in the morning and get it sewn up and they'll probably give you preventative antibiotics.
    A bleached asshole is a happy asshole! An asshole that has had laser hair removal and a bleaching is an asshole worthy of being rimmed.

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    just tried to save my vinyl plotter from falling off its stand and somehow took a chunk outta my hand. ive never taken a chunk outta me like this before, it looks way worse irl than it does in the pic.. which i had to take with my webcam because i dont have my digital cam right now so the pic is shitty. under the skin (which is already turning purple/black) is like a fucking cereal bowl of flesh and shit that looks like brain matter. its kinda freakin me out. do i need stitches?
    Heres an idea.. how about you stop being a little bitch before i come over there and crack your skull open with a pick axe... you think you're hard because you got a little bitch ass cut on your finger? Sit the fuck down before you get goofy smacked you little bitch.... Where i come from (Canada) shit like this is nothing... I see people get shot every day out here... shits real nigga... To be honest if that happened to me, i would take a knife and make the cut a lot worse, so when my friends asked about how i got that scar i would say i fought a guy with a machete with my bare hands and didn't give a fuck.

You guys are acting like this is a game or some shit... this isn't a fucking game... shits real.... niggas dyin every day over this internet game

serious advice: You should prolly just go to the doctors if you're concerned about it... I've had worse cuts and just let them heal on their own and was fine... The only thing about letting a cut heal on it's own as opposed to getting stiches, is that it will just leave an uglier scar if you let it heal on its own.. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by betticus View Post
    Go down to the pharmacy in the morning or wherever you have that has one like a grocery store or walgreens. Get some gauze and 3M medical tape and I'd get some butterfly closures.. like a piece of tape in an I shape. Clean it with an antiseptic, I'd get some fucking iodine because you stuck your fingers in the hole.. just swab the skin around the outside with it, it'll leave a reddish stain but no worries it'll go away. Put some gauze over it and tape it down. Once or twice a day change the bandage but let it fully dry before putting a new one on.

Odds are good you'll get an infection. So when it turns all red and swells up a bit go get some antibiotics.
    yeah i was kinda in shock for a second because i didnt even realize i cut myself until i looked at my hand and then i started poking it and shit like WTF peeling my skin back to look inside. thanks for the info +rep

Quote Originally Posted by betticus View Post

+rep This. Butterfly Closures: A+

Except this:
    Odds are good you'll get an infection.
    As long as you're pretty serious about keeping it clean, I'd say the odds are in your favor, but it's 100% dependent on you.

I highly recommend Bacitracin (as long as you're not allergic). It greatly reduces risk of infection and minimizes the appearance if scars. Doctors actually recommend it for women who've had C-sections.
    That, along with your peroxide regimen, and you should be pretty safe from infection.
    Last edited by BSpec; 04-27-2010 at 04:27 AM.

yeah i was kinda in shock for a second because i didnt even realize i cut myself until i looked at my hand and then i started poking it and shit like WTF peeling my skin back to look inside. thanks for the info +rep
    NP.. just remember that if it gets infected then don't fuck around.. go get the antibiotics. As long as it's just skin and you didn't cut into any muscle or tendon or nerves you should be fine.

Yo.... lets stop acting like this guy got hit with a samurai sword... look how zoomed in that picture is... that is a pretty deep cut, but it's fucking tiny... just wrap it up and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by baniboy View Post
    Heres an idea.. how about you stop being a little bitch before i come over there and crack your skull open with a pick axe... you think you're hard because you got a little bitch ass cut on your finger? Sit the fuck down before you get goofy smacked you little bitch.... Where i come from (Canada) shit like this is nothing... I see people get shot every day out here... shits real nigga... To be honest if that happened to me, i would take a knife and make the cut a lot worse, so when my friends asked about how i got that scar i would say i fought a guy with a machete with my bare hands and didn't give a fuck.

You guys are acting like this is a game or some shit... this isn't a fucking game... shits real.... niggas dyin every day over this internet game

serious advice: You should prolly just go to the doctors if you're concerned about it... I've had worse cuts and just let them heal on their own and was fine... The only thing about letting a cut heal on it's own as opposed to getting stiches, is that it will just leave an uglier scar if you let it heal on its own.. good luck
    lmao ASS it looks nastEy as fuck but i'm not really concerned enough to go to the doctor and dont care about scars

updated pic:

lmao ASS it looks nastEy as fuck but i'm not really concerned enough to go to the doctor and dont care about scars

updated pic:
    There you go... it's already looking a lot better... You're fine.

+rep This. Butterfly Closures: A+

Except this:

As long as you're pretty serious about keeping it clean, I'd say the odds are in your favor, but it's 100% dependent on you.

I highly recommend Bacitracin (as long as you're not allergic). It greatly reduces risk of infection and minimizes the appearance if scars. Doctors actually recommend it for women who've had C-sections.
    That, along with your peroxide regimen, and you should be pretty safe from infection.
    badass i have some bacitracin laying around somewhere and i really don't want it to get infected, i need to get this healed up asap so i can start internetting @ full potential again. the cut is right where i rest my palm on my keyboard so i'm gonna have to hover-type for a couple wks i'm sure.

The science:

i just noticed my cut is like a perfect "D" shape lol

Fits, cause you're a dumb ass for not using both hands to catch it.

that looks ouchies

but you should probably consult your favorite forum on the internet by making a thread & posting ~*0sec pics*~ before making the big decision of whether or not you should actually have a doctor treat it *OR* if you should take advice, such as "super glue it," from people you know very, very well that always have your <3very best interest<3 at heart & most of which, have !!graduated medical skewl!!

(not that super glue doesn't actually work or anything)

goOooOd LuCk with your decision~!*~@~*!&^@

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    that looks ouchies

but you should probably consult your favorite forum on the internet by making a thread & posting ~*0sec pics*~ before making the big decision of whether or not you should actually have a doctor treat it *OR* if you should take advice, such as "super glue it," from people you know very, very well that always have your <3very best interest<3 at heart & most of which, have !!graduated medical skewl!!

No medical school. Just wisdom from personal experiences.

well no shit asshole that was kinda my point

ok just kidding you're not really an asshole that was mean & i am sorry
    friends~?!

that looks ouchies

weLp

h()h

friends~?!
    Rofl.

that looks ouchies

^ Ignore this, it's only a woman. Take only a mans perspective serious.

friends~?!
    Your layers of absinthe and torsion form concretions of hyperalimentation.

find a G shape and hit yourself real hard with it... You might get a gold name..

Rofl.
    please accept my friend request!!

roaarrr my name is toohxc i am toohxc so i have a dark green username & use all of dictionary.com's words of the day to form sentences that in actuality don't really even make since!!!!!1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyrix View Post
    ^ Ignore this, it's only a woman. Take only a mans perspective serious.
    shut up you big fucking bear

also brent, i hope your finger feels better soon despite your poor judgement of relying on dg to fix it. <3

roaarrr my name is toohxc i am toohxc so i have a dark green username & use all of dictionary.com's words of the day to form sentences that in actuality don't really even make since!!!!!1

Sound barricades itself into rolls of peautbutter when you speak.

sense* oops~!

sense* oops~!
    Your cleverness ferments meat without the need of oxygen.

stop being so hxc you're almost *too* hxc

stop being so hxc you're almost *too* hxc
    Les caresses de tes yeux fertiles sont plus douces que toutes les gifles de tes mains rouilies.

antibacterial soap, neosporin and a bandaid.
    it aint shit if you got it.

also brent, i hope your finger feels better soon despite your poor judgement of relying on dg to fix it. <3
    it was actually my hand/palm but tyvm <3 its feeling much better thanks to my poor judgement to trust DG with the fate of my hand

=
    Solves everything.

next time line the wound with gunpowder and ignite it

it'll hurt like hell but it'll kill the bacteria and seal it up
    you better back off before i jack off

Im a fucking snotty son of a bitch pretty boy faggot. BLUNTBILL's Avatar

use a cigarette to fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by bitchh View Post
    meth snorted hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUNTBILL View Post
    use a cigarette to fix it
    i think it's actually possible to seal a wound via burning yourself with a cigarette

Quote Originally Posted by pad View Post
    next time line the wound with gunpowder and ignite it

it'll hurt like hell but it'll kill the bacteria and seal it up
    who do you think i am, rambo?

kinda