greetings, fellow internet!

welcome to digitalgangster.com, the coolest community for people who hack the gibson and make bajillions of dollars off of online marketing. this version of the forum is in view only mode for archival purposes. the new forum can be found here.

ASGPHE,
ytcracker, original digital gangster
follow me on twitter
fan me on facebook

Thread: World must use GM crops, says UK science academy

i am an old friend of ytcracker's betticus's Avatar

Default World must use GM crops, says UK science academy

http://www.reuters.com/article/scien...59K0AT20091021

World must use GM crops, says UK science academy
    Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:50pm EDT

By Gerard Wynn

LONDON (Reuters) - The world needs genetically modified crops both to increase food yields and minimize the environmental impact of farming, Britain's top science academy said on Wednesday.

The Royal Society said in a report the world faced a "grand challenge" to feed another 2.3 billion people by 2050 and at the same time limit the environmental impact of the farm sector.

The world will have to increase food output by 70 percent and invest $83 billion annually in developing countries by mid-century, the U.N.'s Food and Agricultural Organization said earlier this month.

"The problem is such an acute one, doing that sustainably without eroding soil, overusing fertilizers is an enormous challenge," said the chair of the Royal Society report, Cambridge University's David Baulcombe.

"There isn't a lot more land to use," he told Reuters. "And from the point of expense and using fossil fuels, we want to use less fertilizer."

"The food supply problem is likely to come to a head 10, 20, 30 years from now," he said, adding this didn't leave much time given the research lead time to develop new crops.
    A bleached asshole is a happy asshole! An asshole that has had laser hair removal and a bleaching is an asshole worthy of being rimmed.

So with all of this going on around the world, the rampant and uncontrolled pace at which people are reproducing and the decline in the quality of human beings running around I must once again propose some well thought out solutions from the past.

Soylent Green, obviously a wonderful idea but ultimately doomed to failure due to the mad cow effect. This could still be feasible for the lower tiers of society who wouldn't be allowed to live past a productive age anyway.

Sterilization, the first and best choice for population control. Babies should undergo procedures to make them infertile and then later in life if they qualify they can request in-vitro fertilization in order to reproduce. This reduces the need to kill people on a much more massive scale as birth rates would drop tremendously.

Euthanasia, we should not only legalize assisted suicide but should also employ the Hollywood propaganda machine to hype up this practice. A Logans Run type of scenario where after reaching a certain age without progressing through the strata of societal levels one can no longer outcompete and outperform their peers a wonderful trip to some type of glorious afterlife awaits.

War, we should not be using smart weapons so much nor pinpoint targeted strikes but should take the act of war to new levels of wholesale slaughter the likes of which the world has never before seen. If a terrorist is using a safe house in some neighborhood we shouldn't send in a team to arrest him but should drop MOAB's and Daisycutters carpet bombing style on that whole neighborhood. This will also turn the populace against terrorists.

Processed foods and recreational drugs, these things should not be made into the villains that they are today. We should be aggressively marketing junk and fast food, cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, meth, heroin, coke and multitudes of other unhealthy things at the general population so that by the time they become less productive their health fails and they die.

Slavery, with the huge numbers of unproductive people and lots of huge public projects that need free labor this should be reinstated.

For those smart enough, life should be sweet, long and prosperous.
    A bleached asshole is a happy asshole! An asshole that has had laser hair removal and a bleaching is an asshole worthy of being rimmed.

lol im band

Fucking capitalism. If people just grew some food on their own proporty and were a LITTLE BIT more self reliant people wouldnt be starving all over the world, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by wehavasituation View Post
    Fucking capitalism. If people just grew some food on their own proporty and were a LITTLE BIT more self reliant people wouldnt be starving all over the world, imo.
    Yea I am sure its the land owners that are starving.

Quote Originally Posted by wehavasituation View Post
    i do this. it is great. we don't need GM crops. we need unity.
    Real breakthroughs are not found because you want to develop some new technology, but because you are curious and want to find out how the world is. Anton Zeilinger

Quote Originally Posted by ry View Post
    Yea I am sure its the land owners that are starving.
    they are starving the rest of the world to an extent.
    Real breakthroughs are not found because you want to develop some new technology, but because you are curious and want to find out how the world is. Anton Zeilinger

we just need to kill a 1/3rd of the population. ww3 is the answer.
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ryph View Post
    Yes, but how to get this done in a timely manner...

lol im band

piss off russia

Fuck, i'm majoring in Software Engineering right now, and i just realized how much of that shit is true. Fuck do i have to hang around all these guys all year long?

get the religious people mad at each other. israel(usa) vs arabs(russian backed) with china playing both sides trying to gain access to resources would do it.
    "Americans like to believe in American exceptionalism, that the United States is a force for good around the world, not just another country pursuing its interests via geopolitical horse-trading. This is part of why there is such a visceral public backlash against WikiLeaks -- because it lays bare U.S. diplomacy in all its blunt, unromantic reality."

lol im band

russia would win. china definatly has russias back, why would china support a poor ass fucked up country that owes them hundreds of billions of dollars?

they wouldnt, they'd break their legs.

eugenics is the big game being played by the elites
    did you know the UN is hoarding in mass natural seeds? .. pretty funny shit.

There are seed banks that are housing seed from a huge variety of plants. When they are reaching the end of their viability they propagate some of the seed and grow a genetically pure seed crop to restock with so they always have viable seed.

The cover story is so they can recover in case of some sort of plant blight that wipes out a species and to always have a clean genetic stock in case the GM plants encounter some kind of failure. Either way it's a good idea.

Now, we need to be doing the same thing with human and animal reproductive cells so we can always have healthy genetics to come back to. Also for cloning.